Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Kate's 4th Birthday




 


Miss Kate turned 4!!! I can't believe I have a 4 year old.

I think I have as much fun planning Kate's birthday as she has on her birthday. We started
off the morning with donuts from our favorite donut shop in Belmont. We woke my parents up via skype and Kate opened her presents. She got a princess bike! She was so excited! I love being a mom to a 4 year old she gets so excited about everything! We then drove up to Porthmouth, New Hampshire to meet Laura, Clair, Tim,Catherine and Bryan. They were in town visiting. We went and toured a really old submarine and then drove up to York, Maine. One of my favorite things about the East coast is everything is so close. We made it up there in less then 2 hours.  York was this darling little coastal town. I fell in love! We stopped at this beautiful light house and sang happy birthday to Kate, opened more presents and enjoyed the beautiful scenery.
Because it was Kates birthday she got to wear her princess dress and her long hair (sweat shirt hood) all day.
 

The next weekend my parents came into town so we had Kate's birhtday party. Danielle Churchill helped me make a cake with fondent. It was alot of work, but turned out cute. Kate is obsessed with everything princess. So of course we had a princess birthday party. I really wanted a real princess to come to the party. Mike said I could rent  a $40 sleeping beauty dress if I could find someone to wear it. I needed someone who didn't have kids, didn't work on Friday's and someone Kate wouldn't reconize. There were two girls in our ward, whose husbands just started the PHD program at MIT that fit this discription. I emailed them and one of them replyed, yes!
All the little girls and few little boys came dressed up in princess and knight attire. They all looked so cute. We played a few games when Aurora walked in. The kids loved it! She talked to them, read a few stories and took pictures. Kate was seriously in heaven. 
 
 








Here is a describtion of our Miss Kate
Kate our adorable 4 year old going on 13 year old. She is strongwilled, funny, sassy, has a great imagination, is an early riser, loves her family, smart, active, happy, can throw a great temper tantrum
 if she doesn't get her way, curious, loves to cuddle, loves to monitor our hallway at Westgate, wants long hair more then anything else and loves wearing her princess dress. 
 
Happy Birthday sweet girl!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment